Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Street Photography 8 - Part 2 Zone Focusing Test with XA

Here are my 8th attempt at Street Photography...

Camera: Olympus XA
Film: Kentmere iso400
Time: Early morning Saturday, 2010

This is the continuation from the single roll of film I have taken on saturday morning. Scanning and processing this images takes some time to finish due to slow scanner and work/activities. Finally im glad I have finished scanning all of my images and here are some images I have selected to be posted on this blog.



Early shoppers: f11 zone focusing @ iso400


From subway: f11 @3m zone focusing 400iso

Mother and daugther: f11@3m zone focusing iso400

Wet floor: f11 @3m zone focusing iso400


What I noticed from this session is that my zone focusing works and was pretty decent enough to produced recognizable images. Its more fun with this method than what I have used to do, instead of trying to focus at every shot I just pre focus (zone focusing) and let it go.

One thing I wish when I was using this rangefinder XA camera is that it should have a manual settings too. On the other hand it is pretty decent and good all around camera if you know how to use it to its full potential. To make this camera(XA) a little bit faster which I did on my next photo session was setting it @iso800 using the same Kentmere 400 film, you can see the next photo when I have developed and scanned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment